PRFM for Hair Loss Treatment in Midland, TX
PRFM for Hair Loss Treatment
If you’re experiencing hair loss, consider PRFM treatments for hair loss at Midland Dermatology. Both men and women suffer from hair loss or thinning. The PRFM treatments are considered one of the best ways to stimulate cells and regrow hair through targeted tissue regeneration. This natural hair-loss treatment at Midland Dermatology uses your own blood’s growth factors to help restore hair growth, without any surgery or lengthy downtime.
Patients should expect a series of scalp injections into the area suffering from hair loss. Once injected in the scalp, the PRFM begins stimulating stem cells and hair growth in a natural way. The size of the area is what determines the quantity of scalp injections that you’ll need. It is important for you to know that some hair follicles still need to be present for this treatment to work. If there are no hair follicles, this procedure will not produce hair growth.
This hair-loss treatment procedure takes about 30 minutes, and there is no downtime. The results from PRFM hair-loss treatments start to become noticeable about 3 weeks after treatment as your hair begins to grow. The number of treatments will vary by person, but we recommend at least three treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart for the best results.
Are you interested in scheduling a PRFM hair-loss treatment at Midland Dermatology? Give us a call at 432-689-2512!
FAQ for Hair-Loss Treatment
- If I have new onset hair loss, what should be my first step?
- If you have new hair loss, it’s always extremely important to seek medical attention, as there are some medical conditions that are very important to get treated that may cause hair loss.* To schedule an appointment at Midland Dermatology, please call 432-689-2512.
- What is the PRFM hair-loss treatment?
- Whether you are looking for hair-loss treatment for women or men, the PRFM hair-loss treatment at Midland Dermatology may be a good option for you! PRFM, or “Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix,” uses your body’s own “growth factors” to help stimulate the hair follicles to regrow hair. With this process, we take some of your own blood, “spin it down,” and pull out the growth factors. After this process, we inject the growth factors back into the areas of hair loss, which may stimulate hair growth.*
- What are some over-the-counter options to treat hair loss?
- If you’d like to try some over-the-counter products to help with hair loss before trying PRFM, one option that may work well is called Minoxidil. Minoxidil comes in both generic brands and name brands, such as “Rogaine.” Minoxidil, or Rogaine, is normally applied to the scalp 1-2 times per day, which may help stimulate hair growth.*
- How long does it take to see results from the hair-loss treatments?
- Both hair-loss treatment options (Minoxidil and PRFM) take some time to start working. You can expect to begin seeing results about 4-6 weeks from your initial treatment, but it does take about 3-4 months before you may expect to see the results you were looking for. It’s important to note that hair-loss treatments may not work well for everyone, and we can help you determine whether a treatment is recommended.
If you’re looking for hair-loss treatment in Midland, TX, schedule an appointment with Midland Dermatology! For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 432-689-2512.
*The content provided on this page is for informational purposes only. Always seek the guidance of a physician to treat your hair loss, or other medical conditions.